It’s week 20, which means the last distribution of the CSA season. We’re expecting a hard frost this weekend, so we couldn’t expect the bounty to continue, yet I’m sad to see the end of the weekly parade of vegetables.
This week’s box contains butternut squash, leeks, carrots, kohlrabi, kale, potatoes, Swiss chard, and cayenne peppers. With cooler weather, I’m thinking about heartier food: soups and stews especially.
On my list of ideas this week:
- butternut squash ravioli with brown butter and sage
- autumn lasagna with butternut squash and chard
- 5-ingredient squash and apple soup
- butternut squash risotto
- stir-fried kale and bacon (everything’s great with bacon!)
- maple-glazed carrots
- carrot cake
- kohlrabi and potato au gratin
- kohlrabi carrot fritters