NOTE: just like a tart, but even easier: no crust to make!
Yield: One 2-quart flat dish tart, serves 6
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 c chopped onion
- 8 cl garlic, minced (about 1 heaping Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 lb zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced (6 c)
- 1 lb chard, stemmed, leaves coarsely shredded (8 c)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 c milk
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1/2 c)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, cook and stir about 5 min or until tender. Stir in the garlic, cook until fragrance blooms. Set aside off-heat.
In a large covered saucepan, cook zucchini and chopped chard in a -small- amount of lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 min, until tender-crisp. Drain well, and then stir into the onion mixture. Transfer this to a 2-qt baking dish (8×8 works) or au gratin dish, set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Stir in the cheeses, milk, dill, salt and pepper. Spoon this evenly over the vegetables.
Bake 30-35 min, until set and lightly browned on top. It should jiggle slightly in the middle when gently shaken. Let it stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving.