Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating the U.S. holiday – and for those who just plain like foods of the autumn harvest. I’m not likely to post for a few days, as I have my own kitchen preparations to make: not only for a day with family and friends, but the Grand Cookie Madness that happens each year on the Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend. I’m sure to be posting some interesting cookie recipes in the next few weeks, stay tuned!
Check out these links for inspiration, all using seasonal ingredients:
- pumpkin gingerbread, in my oven now, and sure to be a hit
- pumpkin bread with walnuts from Joy the Baker
- no-knead dinner rolls in your slow cooker, so your oven is free
- no-knead pumpkin rolls from the Kitchn
- butternut squash lasagna with sausage, chard, & mozzarella
- turkey shepherd’s pie from Simple Bites: leftover heaven!
- turkey chili from Simply Recipes
- spicy turkey enchiladas from from Simply Recipes
- baked Brie with cranberry and walnuts from Simple Bites
- creamy spiced squash soup from Joy the Baker
- roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon from A Family Feast
- loaded sweet potatoes from Budget Bytes
- real hot chocolate to relax with
Whatever goes on in your kitchen this week, I hope it’s abundant, local, seasonal, and fantastic!