CSA week 9 2020 from Dancing Meadows Homestead brings us strawberries! Tiny sweet flavorful strawberries – they won’t last long, because we’ll eat them right away.
We have the last of the peas today, too. The weather forecast calls for a week or more of really hot weather – and peas hate that. But we’re starting to see more sturdy veggies in our box, and soon there’ll be the first tomatoes. Unlike me, tomatoes love hot weather.
CSA week 9 goodies:
- a large bag of young mixed lettuce
- 1 lb mixed peas
- 2 bunches radishes
- tender young chard leaves
- 2 small kohlrabi
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 bunch mint
I’m especially looking forward to using the peas and the young chard. When chard leaves are so young and tender, they can be used just as you would spinach.
- stir fry, nearly anything with snow peas is classic, and excellent
- lightly sautéed and drizzled with sesame oil
- snap peas with lemon and mint from the Kitchn
- add to stir-fries or pasta dishes (basically, use it like spinach)
- use instead of spinach in goma ae (Japanese greens with sesame sauce)
- raw chard salad with Parmesan from Alexandra Cooks
- mint iced tea, or mint lemonade!
- real mint tea
- minty snap pea salad from the Kitchn