Thank goodness, a Tuesday without rain! Sunny weather makes the garden pickup much more pleasant. My box was waiting at the farm today, with kale, sweet potato greens, chives, mixed salad greens, new potatoes, garlic, slicing tomatoes, green beans, and green banana peppers.
The weather is chilly this week, so I am planning a hearty kale soup, and probably a tomato gratin. Beyond that, I’ve got a list of other ideas:
- pasta with arugula, garlic, & tomatoes (with or without sausage!)
- chive compound butter to freeze
- Provençal new potatoes from Simply Recipes
- pasta (or pizza!) with new potatoes and pesto
- garlicky soup with white beans and greens