CSA week 13 2020: You can tell it’s summer because of the sudden abundance. My basket was overflowing this week, and among the goodies are the very first tomatoes from the farm. It was a long cool wet spring, which delayed tomato season by about a month. I hope we’re about to make up for lost time, because for me, tomatoes are the real taste of summer.
CSA week 13 veggies:
- large bag of young lettuce
- yellow summer squash
- baby beets
- pickling cucumbers
- cherry tomatoes of many colors
- purple and yellow beans
- large bag of wild greens
I’m seriously tempted to make a batch of dill beans today because we have so many. I think I’ll choose the yellow ones – the brine may do interesting things to their color. I might be sneaky and put them up in a green jar!
garden beans of any color
- pickled dilly beans from Food in Jars
- quick nuked green beans from NomNom Paleo
- spicy Sichuan beans from Dinner Then Dessert
- and of course, see last week’s list!
ideas for the week ahead using the rest of the veggies
- squash boats stuffed with ground meat, tomatoes, and cheese
- sous vide beets: concentrate the flavor! (then use in a Greek salad)
- simple cucumber and tomato salad
- quick pickled radishes from the Minimalist Baker