Tomato season is still in gloriously full production! We love tomato season. CSA 2022 week 20 gives us more tomatoes, but I still want more. Chances are good that I’ll buy a half-bushel to do some serious tomato preserving later this month.
We have a box of goodness this week from our farmers at Beaverland Farms. There are bell peppers, celery, cucumbers, and garlic – basics for some fantastic eating in the week to come. We have nasturtium flowers, too! They’re so pretty on a salad, and add a spicy taste as well.
This week’s box brings us:
- lettuce mix
- green onions
- bell peppers
- nasturtium flowers
While I wash and trim the veg, I like to think about how I might use all this good stuff. This week looks like we’ll have salads and more!
- tomato gratin (can’t have enough of this)
- fresh tomato tart with herbed cheese
- garden-style sloppy joes (so many veggies in these!)
- turkish stuffed peppers (vegan, and delicious!)
- another version of stuffed peppers
- cucumber tomato salad
- cream of celery leaf and scallion soup
Follow the season with me, and I’ll show off my CSA box of the week, including ideas of how I might use all the good stuff. Feel free to chime in with comments or questions.