- 2 1/4 c sifted flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 2 c grated unpeeled zucchini
- about 1 1/2 c chocolate chips (I like bittersweet)
Preheat oven to 325˚ F, butter and flour a 13x9x2 pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, and oil until they are well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt, in 3 additions each, beating between each one.
Mix in the grated zucchini, then the chocolate chips. Spread in the pan.
Bake for about 50 min, until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan, then cut into squares.
Keeps well, covered, at least a week.